Tuesday, October 2, 2012

GOT PINK??

It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So be sure to get your PINK on!! And of course get those precious boobies checked ; ) 

Yes I know what your thinking.. Don't I usually go on AND on AND on about Melanoma, the BLACK beast?? Well guess what cancer doesn't discriminate on what color ribbon it brings into your life so why should I. What ever type of Cancer you have or support we ALL feel the same pain and experience the same fears. We warriors are all in this fight together because in the end we all have the same dream.. A CURE! So this month I show my support for those who are kicking this ugly 'pink' disease in the A$$, especially my amazing family friend Kathy Carione AND my incredibly strong and invincible Grandma, Esther Lambert. These two women are true survivors in all sense of the word. LOVE YOU BOTH!!


I also wanted to tell a story about an email that I received today from an old friend from college. His email truly touched me in many ways but it also made me realize how Skin Cancer is dramatically on the rise among young adults. It seems like everyday more and more people are hearing those dreaded words, You Have Melanoma. I don't want to go into too much details about our private conversation but I did want to say that because of people out there with wonderfully big mouths like us in spreading awareness where ever we go, to anyone and everyone who will listen we just might be saving a life or two. Because you never know who will be listening to our rants and raves at just the right time!! 

MY POINT: WHAT EVER CANCER OR DISEASE THAT YOU HAVE OR SUPPORT IN WHICH EARLY DETECTION CAN SAVE A LIFE, SPREAD THE WORD AS LOUD AND OBNOXIOUSLY AS YOU CAN!!!!! (PINK, BLUE, or ORANGEADE) WE ARE IN IT TOGETHER.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie. I have to say thank you for spreading awareness of all kinds. We just learned that one of my son's classmates passed away from stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 19. Who would think?!?! Be aware, pay attention to your body, and DON'T be ashamed to ask a Dr if something is bothering you.
    It could save your life...
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete